How to make Yummy and Tasty Homemade Marshmallows
Marshmallows can be easily made at home using with simple ingredients to make your family members happy to taste it. The preparation time of these marshmallows will be totally 35 minutes along with the 10 minutes cooking time. But after the preparation of the mixer, it has to be inactive for at least 4 hours. So totally, it will take 4 hours and 45 minutes to prepare completed marshmallows.
All your needed ingredients:
The necessary ingredients for the preparation process of your marshmallows include,
- 1 cup ice cold water which is divided
- Unflavored gelatin – 3 packages
- 1 ½ cup or 12 ounces – Granulated sugar
- 14 teaspoon – Kosher salt
- 1 cup – Light corn syrup
- 1 tsp – Vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup – Confectioner’s sugar
- 1/4 cup – Cornstarch
- Nonstick spray
First you have to place the gelatin into the stand mixer bowl along with 1/2 cup of water.
- Take a small saucepan in order to combine remaining 1/2 cup of water, corn syrup, granulated sugar and also salt. Place this pan over medium-high heat, cover it and cook it for about 3 to 4 minutes.
- After 3 to 4 minutes, remove the cover from the pan and clip the small sized candy thermometer onto the side portion of the pan and then continue the cooking process until this mixture reaches the certain temperature level of 240 degree Fahrenheit within approximately 7 to 8 minutes. Once this mixture reaches this specific temperature level, then you have to immediately remove the pan from the heat.
- Turn the speed of the flame or temperature lower and slowly pour the sugar syrup from the sides of the bowl into this mixture. After adding all sugar syrup, you can increase the speed of the flame to high.
- You have to continuously whipping it until this mixture becomes too thicker and it is lukewarm approximately within 12 to 15 minutes.
- At the last minute, you have to add the vanilla extract and mix well.
For the finishing process of the regular marshmallows, you have to combine corn starch and sugar in the small bowl then you can lightly spray the 13 by 9 inches metal baking pan with the non-stick cooking spray. In the next step, you can add this mixture and coat it completely at the bottom and sides of the pan. Add the prepared marshmallows on the top of this mixture and apply another coating on the top and sides of the marshmallows for the finishing process.
By following the same preparation method, you can also try the miniature marshmallows at home but you have to line four half sheet pans with the parchment paper, spray a paper with the non-stick cooking spray and apply the sugar and corn starch mixture. Cut the prepared marshmallows into 1/2 inch pieces with the help of the pizza wheel to serve it to taste with the remaining sugar mixture as the topping.