Best Amazing Rogan Josh High in Vitamins
The rogan josh recipe with glorified tomato curry is the best combination to eat and people love to eat this dish because of its color and taste. Without rogan josh, your event might not complete and it is an amazing option to the person who loves to eat curry. Persia is an origin of this dish and alkanet root and lamb are the main ingredients of this dish. Actually rogan josh is the staple of Kashmiri cuisine and it is one of the major dishes of Kashmiri multi course meal. It consists of the braised lamb chunk that is cooked with the gravy based on the browned shallots, onions, garlic, ginger and other aromatic spices. Brilliant red color is attractive part of this recipe and you must carefully add water to this recipe because it might spoil your texture. You must cook it in medium heat and use lid to cook the meat in an excellent way. When you serve this recipe, you must sprinkle significant amount of garam Masala because it enhances the taste of rogan josh recipe. It is the excellent options to celebrate your event.
Ingredients used in rogan josh recipe
- 2 ½ cm peeled, coarsely chopped and peeled ginger
- Ten tablespoon vegetable oil
- One kilogram boneless lamb shoulder, 1 kg diced chicken or one kg stewing beef
- Peeled eight garlic cloves
- Six whole cloves
- 2 ½ cm cinnamon sticks
- Ten whole cardamom pods
- One teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Four teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon garam Masala
- Fresh ground pepper
- One tablespoon salt
- Six tablespoon plain yogurt
- Two teaspoon cumin seeds
- 4 medium onions finely chopped and peeled
- One tablespoon ground coriander
Awesome ways to prepare rogan josh
- In a blender, you must put garlic, ginger and four tablespoon of water and blend well until and unless you will get smooth paste.
- Take one wide heavy pot and heat oil over medium heat and brown meat cubes at several batches. Same hot oil, you must put bay leaves, cloves, cinnamon, peppercorn and cardamom. Wait for some time until bay leaves begin to take color and cloves swell.
- Now it is the best time to put onion in the heat pot and fry and stir for more than five minutes until it turn into medium brown color. Add ginger garlic paste to heat oil and mix well for 30 seconds.
- Add cumin, coriander, salt and paprika cayenne to this mixture and after thirty seconds add fried meat juices and cubes. Now add, one tablespoon of yogurt and mix well until it is well blended.
- Add 275 ml of water for cooking lamb, chicken or beef and each ten minute stir the meat so that meat can absorb the essence of all ingredients which you put in the heated oil.
If you successfully finish the each step then you can sprinkle black pepper and garam Masala over the meat before you plan to serve it your family members.